“Fire Door Keep Shut” Custom Fire Doors Signs and Frames In Sydney
To comply with BCA & NCC Australian standards all businesses must have compliant fire safety door signs.
It is imperative to know the requirements of having the right fire door sign when installing fire doors in any new development, building project, or refurbishment project. Each state and territory has rules and regulations that must be adhered to.
Having the Right Fire Door Signs:
- Ensure Australian Fire Door rules and regulations set out by the Building Code of Australia (BDA) and National Construction Code (NCC) are fully addressed
- Ensures complete visible and emergency access for all building occupants. They must improve and fire safety once the development or project is completed.
- Allows you to Qualify for an Occupation Certificate
Fire Door Signs in All States in Australia
For all states and territories, the Building Code of Australia requires the following sign to be mandatory displayed on all fire doors. It needs to be at a certain height and meet specific requirements:
FIRE SAFETY DOOR
DO NOT OBSTRUCT
DO NOT KEEP OPEN
This sign must be displayed permanently.
On the entrance side of all doors leading to fire exits or fire stairwell exits, regardless of where in the workplace the fire door is found.
Fire Door Signs in Sydney NSW require additional signage as part of their regulations.
“NSW requires that all Fire doors and fire exit doors have permanently display the above mentioned sign (Fire Safety Door / Do Not Obstruct/ Do Not Keep Open) and In conjunction with this sign they must also display this sign outlining the “Offences Relating to Fire Exits”.
- OFFENCES RELATING TO
- FIRE EXITS
- IT IS AN OFFENCE UNDER THE
- ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING
- AND ASSESSMENT ACT 179
- TO PLACE ANYTHING IN OR NEAR
- THIS FIRE EXIT THAT MAY OBSTRUCT
- PERSONS MOVING TO AND FROM
- THE EXIT, OR
- TO INTERFER WITH OR OBSTRUCT
- THE OPERATION OF ANY FIR DOORS, OR
- © TO REMOVE, DAMAGE OR OTHERWISE
- INTERFERE WITH THIS NOTICE”
This is the wording from the Building Code of Australia. For more information, or For a full list of the BCA & NCC Australia rules and regulations for fire door signs you require please contact us directly!